Monday, February 17, 2014

What is YOUR Definition of Success?

My definition of success is improvement.

We were all been born into different situations and experience different things in life. We have all been given different talents; even some more than others (Matthew 25: 14 - 30). We are all unique and are in different stages in life, so we shouldn't blindly compare ourselves to others. However, I do believe it is worthy to have role models to help us be the type of person we want to become. I have striven to emulate different people at different stages in my life: NBA basketball players when I was a child and now pro triathletes; when growing up, my friends in school and now men that are faithful, loving husbands and fathers that are doing all they can to provide for their families.

Ultimate success is being like our Savior, Jesus Christ, who is perfect (Matthew 5: 48, 3 Nephi 12: 48). If we allow it, the thought of trying to be perfect every minute of every day can overwhelm us to the point of idleness. Although perfection should be our goal, it is important to understand that this is not something that we can obtain in this life. What is important is that we are doing all that we can to improve ourselves, and our Savior, Jesus Christ will make up the rest.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one. I recently had dinner with my friend and she and I were talking about our goals. We both will have to agree with you, Success for everybody is different since we are all different. Some view success as money, love, trophies, and college degrees. Ultimately Success is base on the persons happiness/goals. Like the saying "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" Success in base on what makes a person happy at end of her or his day, month, or years.

    ReplyDelete